Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Seneca 100

I'm blogging from school today so sorry no pictures. Just taking a break during lunch to update.
A couple weeks ago I rode down to Seneca Rocks from Fairmont. It was a really awesome ride. I had done it last summer, but this would be a real test early in the season. Prior to the ride I had 800 miles on the odometer on the road bike for the year. Pretty stellar for me. Set out form fmt and headed out to grafton, caught some back roads over to kasson and 92. Across 38 and down 72 into parsons where i met amber for lunch. Im glad I rested at Parsons because the next leg of the ride is EPIC. It follows rt 72 over to canaan valley. It is basically a 1 lane road that just goes straight up and back down alot and has alot of kick ass turns in it. Still felt good once i reached 32 and down into harman. Then across allegheny mountain on 33 and done. I bonked somewhere out of harman pretty hard but was able to make it up that final climb and was rewarded with an awesome downhill into the finish. 91 miles, 6hrs . epic.
Training was really going good last week. rested on mon and did ~35 on tue and wed. then wednesday night i got slammed with a stomach virus. A week later i'm finally starting to feel better. I rode on tuesday night for 25 miles but couldn't really push it. I plan on going out today and riding since the weather has finally gotten better. I really wanted to orace big bear this weekend but it looks like i'm not going to get to due to the fact that I don't have my MTB back yet and I haven't rode in a week. Bummer. I still looking forward to middle mt mama the 1st weekend of May and Massnutten the following weekend then its graduation, snowshoe opening weekend and then Panama City the last week of may. What an awesome month!!
Gravy

No comments: