Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ouch!


So the weekend started off perfect! Everyone was ready to hit up the ride. Camelbak stuffed full ready to roll. head out of camp with the crew for some road sections before the trail. Go to ride over the gravel pile at the state road garage-nothing out of the ordinary, then it happened. I was the first to hit it and there wasn't really a backside to it. Pretty much caught my front wheel halfway down the backside and splatted head first at the base. Don't think i knocked myself out b/c i knew what was going on, but really couldn't control myself either. then i realized i busted my tooth, or later find out 4 teeth. As i sat and talked with the crew they realized my helmet was split in half. I insisted that they go on, but we hung out and talked for a bit then i headed back to camp to recover and they went on. I got my shoulder/collarbone area pretty good and it is still sore a week later part of the reason i didn't update for so long because it hurt to type. I don't think it's broken, it's just hurts on the ends, nothing puffed out or anything. My neck has been stiff but is getting better everyday. I'm just taking some time off now till i feel better. My head is still hurts to the touch and shoulder is only about 30% of normal.
All criminals return to the scene of the crime and so i had to later in the day to see how it all went wrong. My track is the small streak in the middle of the other two where my front wheel grazed it before impact:

This was monday morning before work, tooth is patched for now:


i hung out with the crew at camp on sat night then went down to snowshoe with them on sunday. Amber and I walked some of the trails while they were riding. Chuck gave me his tricked out camera and i took a ton of pictures, as long as i could hold my arm up. It was nice to be able to do some walking and slow down and see what it looks like to see other people riding.

I went to the dentist on tuesday to get my tooth fixed. they began with xrays then the assistant came back and i asked if it looked like it could be filled. Her reply the dentist will be in to talk to you. He looked at it and the nerve was sticking out of the broken tooth, and the other side needed a cavity filled, so i gotta get a root canal on the tooth. Effffff. They filled it temporairly and gave me an estimate on the remaining work. gotta go back on the 27th.

Been working alot this week mainly because it doesn't bother my shoulder too much and I don't have anything else i can do. So this week i got in 52 hours.

With my wreck i completely blew my shot at nationals. I'm not even able to go now. Super bummed since it's my last collegiate nationals. Probably stay home and work now.

It seemed like such a regular routine over the bars wreck but i guess i just landed the wrong way. Take some time off. Slow down a little, and possibly try to ride at tline one day before they close. Hope everyone else can get out and ride this fall and enjoy the weather.

gravy

No comments: