Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A little of everything

Early morning frost:Tunnel:
Top o the climb out of valley falls
Chuck:
Haunted cabin along the river
Chuck riding at mini moab:
more mini-moab:
By the river:

Ok i think i am jinxed, i wanted to update early last week but never got to. So here it goes...
Last sunday consisted of a ride out on the backside of valley falls or the area on the other side of the river from the park. Its mostly 4wheeler trails but some good riding. Met up with chuck at his house and we headed out. Got a variety of riding-6 major climbs, mini-moab slick rock, valley falls. I felt great thorugh the ride and my shoulder didn't bother me. Just tried to take it easy and not wreck on it. It will take awhile to really open it up on the downhills again. Monday i went to the dentist for a root canal. then did some homework the rest of the day. Tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday i worked. I snuck out early friday morning and rode around town a bit before work. Sunday morning i went out by myself to valley falls. Rode out from my house around the park once and back home. Felt really good, i had my camel bak on my shoulders and it didn't bother me. Had a little bit more confidence on the downhills, but my shoulder did hurt one time on a quick flinch. Spent sunday afternoon packing and headed down to petersburg on sunday night.
Started work at judy's drugs in petersburg on monday. I am in the education department, alot of counseling and classes. Gotta work mon-wed this week. Not sure on weekend plans yet. May stay here on wed night then go on a road ride thursday since i got my road bike with me. Work lasts till 7 so really can't ride at night here. I really want to go to timberline this weekend. Its their last downhill weekend of the season and i haven't got to ride dh for awhile and its along time till april or may.
Really trying not to watch tv tonight because of the election results. I voted early last week so i am not in a hurry to find out what happens. I hate turning on the tv and there are these biased analysts giving their own opinion for their candidate. So glad it will be over tonight. I am glad to hear of the big turnouts today. It is great because so many people realize that their voice matters in our country. I have looked at this election many times as the south park episode where stan had to choose between the giant douche and the turd sandwich and wouldn't vote. I felt the same way about both candidates, but finally choose one.
That's all for now.
Gravy

1 comment:

Joey and Mandi said...

I chose neither the turd sandwich or the giant douche. I chose a third party candidate who I believed truly had the best interest of the people in mind. But alas we are stuck with a giant douche for president and a shit sandwich for vp. Hold on to your hat things are going to get rough.

Peace, JOEY