Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A weekend off?

Last week consisted of working in petersburg until wednesday night. I had planned on staying till thursday morning and driving home but then in a last minute decision i decided to go on wednesday night after work. Trying to get home i was going a little fast and came around a turn in the small town of thronton. Instantly the blue lights come on in front of me. Effff. I got nailed good 65 in a 40 zone. He gave me a smaller ticket and then proceeded to write me a warning for having an obstructed license plate b/c of my bike rack. I almost laughed, but didn't and went on home. Did some work around home on thursday, then went for a 20 mile road ride. Friday was teh similar thing-work around home in the morning then went out for a 25 mile mtb ride at valley falls. I felt ok, for not riding for 4 weeks and my shoulder didn't bother me. Saturday i went down to timberline to ride downhill. It was supposed to be their last weekend and i really wanted to get some runs in before the snow flies and they close down the trails. It was a great day ended up with about 17 runs total. I just rode non-stop and packed my lunch and ate on the lift. It was also super cold-temp started at 38* at the top and by the end of the day had dropped to 34*. Afterwards i met up with chris, andy and matt and we went for dinner at hellbenders. It was my first time there. It was so weird to go to davis and not eat at siriannis but i survived and hellbenders was great. Sunday i went for a 25 mile road ride then packed up to head back to petersburg.
Not sure what the weekend plans bring this weekend. I have to head back thursday morning to get to the dentist. The filling in my front tooth broke loose on friday out on my ride. It didn't fall out but rattles around in my mouth. So lately everything i eat has to be bite size. really sucks.
probably ride friday, work sat, ride sunday, and back to petersburg.
Sorry ain't got any pictures. Had the camera with me at tline but didn't stop to dig it out.
Ride on
Gravy

No comments: