Wednesday, September 29, 2010

6 Week Update


So today makes a little over 6 weeks since my surgery and 7 weeks since the accident. Recap so far:
Week 1:severe pain, and could only do 5 leg lifts on my own.
Week 2:Pain subsided, could bend my leg 90*3 times a day but otherwise have to keep it in a straight brace. And had worked up to 50 leg lifts on my own.
Week3-6:Pretty much the same as week 2 continuing to increase leg lifts and bending. Otherwise I'm stuck in the brace, and keeping the leg elevated.
Week 6: Pain is gone for the most part. I have been doing the exercises the ortho doc gave me religiously 3-4 times a day. I am up to 200 leg lifts a set and can bend my leg almost 110 degrees. The steristrips are still hanging on to the incision, but I can remove then tomorrow when I shower. Doc gave me a referral for physical therapy that I start next week. And the best news I can ditch the brace completely!
Life is boring right now but possibly getting better. I could not get through this without the support of my family and friends. Thanks all!
gravy

No comments: